It is amazing. The story is a fairy tale interwoven with a drama set in postwar Spain, 1944, both parts of which contain some truly scary moments as well as truly human ones. There's violence and adult themes, so it certainly isn't a children's fariytale, and it's in Spanish with English subtitles (and so annoying if you don't speak Spanish and are annoyed by subtitles), but other than that I can't think of a fault. :o)
I now have the music from the film stuck in my head, which explains the first song for the meme sugar_fey tagged me to do:
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now, shaping your spring. Post these instructions in your LJ along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they're listening to.
2) River's Dance from yet another soundtrack, this time from the TV show Firefly, by Greg Edmondson. Sort of coutry music, and bouncy.
3) Toss the Feathers performed by The Corrs, yet another instrumental peice. I find that if I listen to music with words whilst i'm writing I tend to write down the words to the song, so when it comes to writing essays I tend to listen to non-wordy tunes. This one is bouncy as well though, because the relaxing classical music doesn't usually come to the fore until revision time.
4) Higher and Higher by Jackie Wilson is one of my favourite Northern Soul tracks (Northern Soul being a genre rather than a group) and a perfect addition to the 'I have to pack and unpack, so bring on the cheerful I-will-get-this-done music'.
5) Just Lookin' by the Stereophonics, and pretty much all of their album Performance and Cocktails, because it was stuck in my head before I watched Pan's Labyrinth and is still in there.
6) Dream Catch Me by Newton Faulkner, because my ipod says it's one of my 'most listened to' and 'most recently listened to' songs.
7) Rule The World by Take That, again because my ipod says so. It's played during the end credits of Stardust though, so technically yet another soundtrack tune. *grins*
Tagging, if you've not already done it: hpuckle , thesteppyone , duol2fic , featherxquill , allie_meril , risiepookie , kentish_queen
And another meme, gacked from florahart , because it looked fun:
Comment with the start of a sentence, I reply with the rest of it. These can be fannish or personal, or whatever, really.
Examples: You might write "Fred and George were not amused when..." and I might reply "...Percy owled the dragon dung back to them", or "I should watch Pan's Labyrinth because..." and "...I will get eaten by a scary monster with eyes in its hands if I don't."